Memorial Day is a time to remember all those Americans who have fought in the past to keep this country safe and free. It is a day to honor and respect the armed forces, those who have already died, and those who continue to serve our country today. Have your child make an American Flag and place in a window or on your front door to honor these men and women for their military service. It’s super simple to make with just a few supplies.
Supplies: Red, white, and blue construction paper, a white crayon, and a glue stick.
- Cut out a medium size square out of blue construction paper.
- Glue the square on the top left side of the white construction paper.
- Draw 50 white stars on the blue square.
- Cut out 7 red strips of paper.
- Glue the red strips of paper on to the right side of the white construction paper leaving some white space in between each red strip of paper.
Learn more about Memorial Day at World Book Online. Use your library card to login and begin your search.