Cooking and baking are both a science and an art. Every ingredient has a purpose. Too much or too little of a single ingredient can change the final product. Just as important as the flavor of your dish, is the presentation. Food has to look good for us to want to eat it. Creating good-looking food is an art.
Discover the incredible, edible science that happens every time you cook, bake, or eat with this children’s book that is part-cookbook, part-science reference.
Or try baking this yummy ice cream bread.
Ice Cream Bread
1½ cups Self Raising flour*
2 cups Vanilla Ice Cream (use any flavor ice cream you want), melted
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a loaf pan with non stick cooking spray or line the loaf pan with parchment paper for easy clean up.
- In a medium size mixing bowl, combine flour and melted ice cream. Mix well.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top.
- Bake for 35~40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove onto a wire rack and cool completely.
- Make your own Self raising flour by mixing 2 cups all purpose flour with 1 tbsp baking powder and ½ tsp salt. Whisk and use as needed.
- For a fun twist, add in some chocolate chips or chopped nuts.