It’s Children’s Book Week! A national celebration of early literacy and the benefits of children’s books. What better place to celebrate Children’s Book Week than at your local library? We are so proud to offer an enormous array of children’s books – from classics, to bestsellers, to brand-new titles.
How can you celebrate?
- Check out some new titles or old favorites. Then head home and build a cozy pillow fort to snuggle up and read in.
- Stop by the library and reserve a museum pass, then ask the librarian to find a title that relates to the museum. For example, you could go to the Cradle of Aviation Museum with a few picture books on planes. Museums and books? Win-win!
- If your child is not yet in Kindergarten, sign up for our 1000 Books Program. You can encourage a budding reader and earn prizes while you do it!
- If your child is in Kindergarten or older, check out our newsletter for book discussions to join. Some book discussions even offer free books that your child can keep!
- Enjoy a movie and a book! Ask the librarian if there is a book version of your child’s favorite movie. Then have a storytime movie party! Our suggestions? The Lorax, Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs, and Peter Rabbit!
- Watch some of our digital storytimes on our Youtube Channel.
Need ideas on what to read? Why not start with some of the classics?